Monday 31 January 2011

Introduction

I have always enjoyed writing and have kept a diary on and off all my life.

I love the idea of writing a blog. Its kinda of private and public. I can write openly without worrying (or hopefully) about upsetting people.

So I suppose I better get my introductions out of the way. I am 28 and live with my partner John.

John is my first very serious relationship and the first time I have lived with anyone. I have had 2 long term relationships before, well they seemed long to me. I dated my first boyfriend for nearly 2 years. I found out through my friend he had been having an affair with someone at work for the last six months. It came as a big shock and took me a long time to get over. After that disater I was single for ages and then met Paul. He was the same age as me. We dated for over a year but he worked away a lot with his job. He eventually got offered a job in Ireland and asked me to go with him. I did not feel confident with things to up roots and move away so it ended.

Sorry if this sounds like a disater movie but it does get better! I met John at work. I (use to) work for a big engineering supply company. Although my job was a PA I was really just a typist and secretary to the finance manager. John worked in another building on the same site but I didn't really see him very often, only to say hello to.

Cutting this very long story short, my car was in the garage and I was walking to work when John pulled over and offered me a lift. Although it was a nice day and the walk was doing me good I accepted the offer. On the way to work he chatted about usual work stuff etc. I do remember when I got into his car how spotless it was. Mine was filthy.

Later that day he asked if I would like a lift home. I gladly accepted. Enroute home we asked me for a drink. It was a lovely evening so I accepted. On this date it was the first time I really noticed what a gentleman John was (and is!). My two previous boyfriends never held doors open for me, commented on my appearance or anything like this. I really enjoued our first date.

Anyway a lot happened between then and as they say the rest in history. I will of course write about all the things that envolved from that first date to me being I suppose a housewife!

What else? Errm well I liked horseriding until I lost my job, so have not done that for a while. John has introduced me to lots of new things. I have been to the theatre several times, gone to the ballet and eaten out in some lovely retaurants.

Well hope thats okay for a 1st post. I'm getting into this now.

No comments:

Post a Comment