Thursday 3 February 2011

The two dates

Thought I would write about my first few dates with John since our first encounter.

John asked me out again, but stressed that I should tell nobody at work. I agreed as I knew it would cause gossip, something neither of us wanted.

He said he would pick me at 7 and we would go out for a meal. He did not say where we were going. I got home from work that day and had a shower. I did not think about what I would wear. I just put on what came to hand, which was a pair of black bootleg trousers and a floral blouse. I didn't have time to wash my hair so tied it back.

I was ready for ages and remember waiting for the door bell to ring. Dead on 7 the door bell rang. By now I felt really nervous for some reason. I opened the door and was greeted by a bunch of flowers. That put me at ease.

I welcomed him into the hall. Luckily nobody else was in. I put the flowers in water and then headed back, leaving him standing in the hall! He was dressed very smart, wearing a suit.

He offered his hand which I thought was a bit strange, but he tucked into my arm and when headed down the path to his car. I felt a bit embarrassed. He took me to the passenger car door and opened the door for me. I jumped in before he got round to the other door.

I asked where we were going he said it was a surprise. I can't remember what else we talked about, mainly work stuff.

When we pulled up to the restaurant it was a grand old place, very posh. Another couple were walking in and I remember she was wearing an elegant dress. I didn't wait for him to open the door again and he was a bit annoyed by this. "Next time you should wait for me to open the door"

He put his arm through mine again and it was the first time I felt protected. I was actually really nervous about walking in.

We were shown to our table and the waiter pulled the chair away from the table for me and then put a napkin on my lap. John then ordered a bottle of wine and the waiter left the table. I asked John if I was okay the way I was dressed as by now I was by sure the only woman in the restaurant wearing trousers!. To my suprise he said "Its something we can sort out for next time" I asked him if he did not like what I was wearing. He apolgised and said he should of told me where we were going but presumed I would wear a dress.

The meal was a bit strained but went better as the evening went on. After a few glasses of wine I plucked up the courage to say I didn't have any dresses  and only about 2 skirts and did not feel comfortable in girly girl clothes. He of course turned it all around by saying how beautiful I would look by wearing skirts and showing some leg.

Anyway the night went on and we talked about all sorts, but thats what I remember mostly. We also talked about family, and holidays etc. By the end of the night I had enjoyed myself. He dropped my off about 12. I went to my bedroom and my mum had moved my flowers to my room. I smelt them before going to bed.

I had a weeks holiday the next week and John sent me a text to meet him in town in a coffee shop. As it was a low key meet up and went along in my jeans. I put on a more feminine blouse I had dug up from the back of wardrobe. When we met his kissed me and we ordered. About 5 minutes in he commented again on my clothes. "I really want to see you dressed up" and so it went on. I asked him if he didn't lilke me if I didn't wear a skirt, but he got a little angry at that comment and for the first time said how lovely I was and how he really like me. I really warmed to him when he said that. I loved the words he used.

We went for a walk in the afternoon and talked and talked. Following that date I began to get real feelings for him. Was this the start of something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment